2021 stock-picking contest

Sorry about that. 2021 contest universe is now public - 13 lists - 221 stocks.
https://www.portfolio123.com/app/universe/summary/251110?st=0&mt=7

My simulation strategies were included in the list of 13 strategies, so I removed them. Sorry for any confusion.

Jim

2021 contest universe of all stocks: 1st week return 4.91% vs 1.97% for SPY.

Top20 return 9.62%.
https://www.portfolio123.com/port_summary.jsp?portid=1635282

LFVN !

Thank you for making this public!

When I try to run the screen I get this error:
“ERROR: Invalid criteria in Rule 1. List ‘2021_geov’ does not exist.”

Any idea what the problem could be?

I can open the link but get this when I attempt to open the Ranking System:
“This page is not available at your current membership level.”

Maybe that part is not public.

Contest 2021 - all stocks
1 month return = 13.0%
Benchmark SPY = 3.7%

I get the same error. What might be the reason?

Sorry, I break the rule by including one more model on 11th Jan 2021. It is just based on fundamental nature very similar to NIO stocks it is muti bagger last year.
Let us watch, this Finding NIO strong fundmental model can hold for 1 year;

Note: I have chosen my picks based on purely fundamentals in 2017, 2019 and 2020; all these years those 20 stocks held 30% to 40% returns in all those past year.

Surprisingly the Finding NIO fundamentals performed 40%+ within a month. let us see how is going to perform till end of the year 2021.

(My model were winners in 2017 and 2020 and runner in 2019,
i have focused on Technical Analysis and Fidelity fundamentals on 2018 it returns around -10% percentage)

for 1 year holdings Fundamental Analysis winning over Technical Analysis based on my experience on 20 stock pick for last 5 years, including 2021.

believe, forum will accept my model for the fun competition 2021 without firing me. :sunglasses:

Thanks,
Kumar

First of all, I don’t see your post on Jan 11th indicating that you were adding another entry. Second, the spirit of this contest is for investors to stick their necks out by committing to 20 stocks as of Dec 31st the previous year. You are violating trust by two means, three actually. (1) more than one 20 stock portfolio; (2) incorporating market timing (Jan 11th port); and (3) entering the contest retroactively. As an impartial observer (I have have no skin in the game) I am going to strongly suggest that you delete your previous post and go forth with the one portfolio that you chose at the start of the year. Otherwise, your previously excellent results will be tarnished permanently. I would hate to see you go down as another Pete Rose/Ben Johnson.

Ryan - congratulations on your early lead!

What does Finding NIO mean?

And when was this model created? We can’t have a model created in mid-February compete against a bunch of models created in December!

moved the late entry into Private.
Now, those portfolio started in 1st week Jan 2021 only in competition.

I am following forum rules.

Thanks,
Kumar

Steve,

Here, Kumar-MidCap Growth is my portfolio.
As Yuval suggested to have outsider ideas; i have included KIPLINGER and CrossingWallstreet as it is published in their websites.
Now, I have only 1 entry in the competition.

Thanks,
Kumar

I noticed that many of the 2021 contest portfolios have disappeared.

3 of Kumar’s portfolios are gone. He had one of his own & 2 outsider portfolios (see the post above yours). He hasn’t logged in since April 30. Maybe he’s not a paying subscriber anymore.

Yuvol - any chance of resurrecting those portfolios? The integrity of the contest is being damaged.

Steve, I have all the inlists for the 20 portfolios. To date only 5 have out-performed SPY.
Total Return since 1/1/2021 (SPY= 21%)
yuval 28%
fandethai 29%
jim101 24%
azinvestor 25%
RTNL 38%

Thanks, Georg - I can only find 8 of the ports listed publicly :slight_smile: It would be nice to see how each of them is performing, in particular Kumar’s ports, but I guess that probably will never happen.

I have recreated two of Kumar’s ports:

https://www.portfolio123.com/port_summary.jsp?portid=1657031
https://www.portfolio123.com/port_summary.jsp?portid=1657032

Georg - Kumar’s third port “Eddie ElfenBein” had 25 stocks in it. Do you know if there was an attempt to reduce it down to 20 stocks?

Anyways, there are still 10 ports that don’t appear to be publicly tracked.

If this contest is to continue in the future, then someone needs to enforce the rules (one 20-stock port created before Jan 1st) or it becomes a meaningless exercise :slight_smile: And all ports should be public.

here is 2021 kumar’s list.
ALGN AMZN APPS CELH ETSY FND INFY NEO NFLX NOW PAGS PAYC PCTY PODD RGEN RPD SQ TDOC TEAM VEEV