European data on P123

Reading the post from Dodge1664: is it worth doing a small bit of marketing for P123 on LinkedIn for example?

There are some interesting groups e.g. “Algorithmic Trading” ; “Finance Club” ; “Algorithmic Traders Association: CTA & Quant Funds System Trading | Stocks, Futures, Forex, Options” or even “Hedge Fund Group (HFG) Association: Alternative Investments, CTA Funds, & Fund of Funds”

Jerome

Very good news .

If you go for it, please add “Istanbul Stock Exchange companies” too,

Regards,

aLL_oFFs

How much money was pledged the first time around?

First time the goal was 150K and we had 150K pledged.

Hello,

I only started using Portfolio123 a few weeks ago but have already found it enormously helpful for backtesting and refining my existing investment approach as well as for screening.

From my perspective, UK data would be particularly useful if it includes data for the AIM-listed small/micro-caps. Do you know if those companies would be covered?

h

Hi P123,

Any answer to my question above? https://www.portfolio123.com/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,12556_offset,0#75742

Thank you,

Jerome

Jerome, sorry for not replying earlier. I think you posted at the same time as I did so I missed your post.

We didn’t set a minimum pledge amount, but under $100 certainly wouldn’t go very far. But your logic seems very sound to me: to pledge in advance one or, preferably, two years of European data. Because the membership for European data would be separate from your US membership, you’d have to choose a membership level rather than keeping a “legacy” membership. It’s really a new thing. But our Ultimate-level membership comes with 10,000 resource units, which I would assume would be sufficient, and if not, upgrading is rather inexpensive.

Yes, they would be. Every AIM company I’ve checked is included. FactSet has superb coverage all over the world: what you see from US data you should expect from data from any other country.

Here are the fees that Charles Schwab provides when trading internationally.
Are these in line with other’s experiences?

This is a big value add for p123! Please contribute!

This may be a silly question but would the European stock screens and portfolios be separate from US stocks similar to the way Canadian stocks are? (except ADR) I imagine so but I would like to confirm if they would be separate.

Yes, they will be.

Pledged, it is time for this project to kick off.

Hello everyone, I am writing this because I would like to raise awareness for this initiative and the pledge which you can still make by end of December 2020 here: https://www.portfolio123.com/fund.jsp

European data would be a great additional feature for P123 for so many reasons, e.g.

• access to thousands of additional stocks not listed in the US
  • many value stocks, based on the long underperformance of European markets as compared to US markets
  • far less analyst coverage and far less institutional ownership as compared to US equities
  • access to fringe markets, e.g. like eastern Europe

I have submitted my pledge already - please consider making yours soon.

Thank you and best regards!
Ralph

Hello All,

I have some good news. We’ve worked out the details and have been able to lower the pledge amount down to $120,000 for Europe and $200,000 for the world instead of the original which was at $200,000 for Europe and $300,000 for the world.

There’s still time till the end of the month to get your pledge amounts in so we can get working on Europe.

Thanks

Excellent news - I’ll see if I can add more to my pledge.

Well, the pledge amount was not reached.
Does this mean, the project is dead?

Also I pledged some amount before, will I get a refund for that pledge now?
Thanks.

Werner

This is ludicrous. Will Portfolio123 please explain.

European data has been promised for at least 5 years.

On Oct 11 2019 you promised as follows:

(https://www.portfolio123.com/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,11932_offset,0)

There were no ifs, buts or maybes.

But the promise was not fulfilled and, well into the third fourth quarter of 2020 (Nov 6, 2020), rather than having made European data available, you announced as follows:

(https://www.portfolio123.com/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,12556)

Will you please say, once and for all, what on earth you are doing

@stevej
Seems like interest waned with time. There was interest maybe 5 years ago but the latest project funding didn’t even reach half the amount required for them to consider doing. So I feel P123 is focusing on other projects, judging from Marco’s post about what we want to see next, and I think that’s a good decision.

They should just offer simple screening on current European data. That would be cheaper for them, and might be enough to start building a European customer base.

I doubt that the US data would ever have got off the ground using the fund raising approach.