Final release on 'beta' for multi-country support and weekday functions

Wherever you see “bars” the period depends on the series . Some series for example only have monthly values.

I made it clearer for the functions in the “Price OHLC” section and will do the same for the rest

Thank you.

Dear Marco and p123 staff,
any update on implementation of Europe markets?

We’re working hard on it. I can’t make any promises about a release date as we’re working through several thorny issues. Likely 2 to 8 weeks from now.

I get a 503 service unavailable error when attempting to access beta.portfolio123.com. Did you remove user testing?

Everything that was on beta was moved to production on May 11. See https://www.portfolio123.com/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,13329.

Thank you!

Thanks Yuval. What is the current multi-country’s eta for beta or release? I requested dates on this page: https://trello.com/b/KUhwBd6g/portfolio123-product-roadmap but it hasn’t been implemented.

Hi, not sure what you mean with “current multi-country’s eta”. Are you referring to Europe?

Also in which specific item on the roadmap did you make the request?

Thanks

Hi Marco, Yes – multi-country was whatever you have been working on, in part, or in whole. I think it was called “Europe” and then there seemed to have been many threads and lots to keep track of to figure out what’s been going. Really, anything outside of US and Canada. I recognize it’s a huge lift, lots of moving parts, and debugging, no doubt.

Re roadmap, it was a general request. You were kind enough to provide a roadmap all of the things you are working on. It’s super helpful. But there are no dates associated with any of it. Without those we are left to continually ask the eta on these boards – which I think is clutter.

Hi Korr123

In the roadmap the only new things we are working on are in the “In Progress” column. I updated the progress and added some ETA dates. Everything else in the Roadmap gets an ETA only when it’s moved to “In Progress”. When we have the resources to start a new project we will pick from “Later - Vote!” or “Brainstorming - Vote!” and move it to “In Progress”; so make sure you vote (the difference between “Later” and “Brainstorm” is whether we have committed to doing it).

Re the “Multi Country” project was the precursor to Europe. It has the support for universes made up of different currencies. It also included supporting currencies in varies places in Manage Accounts for example. It involved many other nuances which are all listed in the launch post.

We are now getting ready to launch the European region project in beta.

Many new nuances surfaced with European data. The main ones we are dealing with right now:

1. Choosing the “primary” listing when a company trades in several exchanges
  2. Dealing with spotty pricing data (like close flatlining)
  3. Liquidity moving around from one exchange to the other.
  4. Working around data vendor idiosyncrasies

The solution we are perfecting is to evaluate all the active listings for a company once a year to decide which one is best suited for us , for backtests, for ranking. It’s been challenging, but we’re close to launching the beta version (it will be included for free for paying users for the first month).

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi. Sorry I am not on the forums much, but I recall European stocks (and/or Asian/Australian stocks) were to be added at some point. I know the challenge is IMMENSE but is there any timing on this? Thanks and kind regards, Rod

What markeds in Europe will bee added? Every, like Denmark, Sweden and Norway?

There is an earlier thread called “Key Projects Update: AI, Europe, and Request For Feedback” with more details, including a spreadsheet with the # stocks for each country, including Denmark, Sweden and Norway :slight_smile:

Thanks. I should also read the post above before I write!

There should bee around 240 stocks on Oslo Exchange in 2000, but I can only find 85. Why? https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-Oslo-...le-shows-the_tbl1_4997366

How did you find the 85 companies? Have they already opened for access to Europe? The spreadsheet in the earlier thread shows that Factset covers 835 stocks in Norway (mostly OTC I guess).

Im using “Country(“NOR”)” in the beta version, under screen backtest.

Nice! I did not know that the beta site was operating. Using ExchCountry(“nor”) with Universe set to Europe (primary) I get 299 stocks, country(“nor”) gives 268 stocks.

Are you sure? Take a backtest (with the only rule beeing Country(“NOR”)), and see the number og stocks in 2001.