International Stocks PLEASE!!!!!

Marco,
thanks for the update. Looks like “big things” are coming. I am sure, most members are excited to hear about it.
And of course: Europe is highly desired.
Werner

Marco,

thanks for your update.

Have there been any publications about P123s vision?
I’m curious about what needs to be “fixed” with P123 first before expanding.
Is it about simplifying access for layman investors to the models / growing the investor audience?

Thanks for keeping up the good work.

PS: Also looking forward to more international markets.

Marco, Thank you very much for the update.

I am looking forward to see how you are going to revamp P123 to create a big user base.
All the best,

Toby

Am I the only one feeling a bit uneasy about the new changes? I don’t want anything that alters or interferes with the models I’ve built. For me, P123 is a money making machine.

Walter

Walter,

I agree. I absolutely have to be able to run my present models. Having the present functionality to develop new models will be important as time goes by.

I do not anticipate any problems with scaling back of what we can do now. I would be willing to pay more if any core features did not seem economical (without the increased fees). P123 is making money for me too.

I strongly support anything that keeps P123 in business and possibly able to expand the data or functionality.

Jim

Personally I don’t understand why P123 is not on the first page of google search results for “DIY quantitative investing”.

I’ve been looking forward to the teased “big changes”. For a long time.

JudgeTrade pointed out a long time ago that it is cost-prohibitive for individual designers to advertise. Why not have P123 as a whole advertise?

P123 wants to be less niche. This is good. Is P123 trying to be the next wealthfront/betterment? But these services have major backers. And seem to be much easier to use than P123. Maybe P123 can partner with them?

Just thinking out loud. Personally, it would be awesome if each SA model was offered as an ETF. This would drastically reduce the pain involved in trading SA models. But I don’t think P123 has the resources to offer this.

Picking a SA model to trade is extremely difficult. I don’t see how the current format allows for mass-market customers. The average investor out there is not going to be able to filter through the large number of SA models available. Mostly likely, a motivated investor will pick one or two models to invest in, and then when there is drawdowns, quit trading the model. I currently don’t trade other designers models. I only trade my own models since I know what’s inside the black box. For the average investor out there, a cap-weighted index fund is good enough. Throw in some tax advantaged strategies and you get wealthfront.

Jim,

As someone with Project Management Professional (PMP) training, it’s painful for me to watch how P123 manages changes. Stakeholder (i.e. subscribers + others) buy in is critical for successful product transitions. The deprecation of Value Line data was a textbook example of how not to do these kinds of things.

Nervously waiting,
Walter

Walter,

I have similar training and it also makes me uneasy in the way in which P123 rolls out changes. My concern is that changes to the software may force me to spend time fixing my systems to adapt. This may be time that I have not allocated or have for this activity. I do support improvements to the platform but appreciate improvements with discussion and/or advance notice.

Scott

Marco - any idea when soon is?

Thanks
Steve

The current P123 interface won’t change besides some tidying up and rearrangement, but it will all still be “one click away”. The new stuff has a simpler more streamlined interface. The new site is almost usable. We’ll invite beta users soon, probably by year end. It will still lack a few major things but you’ll get the idea.

Here’s the preview of major enhancements: tighter integration with Interactive Brokers, streamlined account opening with IB, ability to trade under our new RIA with your own ( fully discretionary ) IB account and 0 mgmt fee (goal is to pool trades and lower fees for all involved), fully managed accounts with our new RIA for folks that want something better than betterment, simpler access to Smart Alpha for non paying subs, several free tools (to hopefully entice users to try premium ones, or not, it’s ok).

Thanks

This sounds like great stuff. Very excited to try out the new IB integration. Thanks Marco.

Feeling relieved! Thanks, Marco!

Walter

‘Better than betterment’

That’s marketing :slight_smile:

Sounds great, Marco!

I hope to be invited as one of your beta users.

Thank you Marco for the reply.
What is important for me to let you and the whole Team of p123 know:
p123 is super great, I do make a lot of Money with p123 right now, It lifechanging for me, I got a model I always
dreamt of, this stuff really works!!!. Please Keep up the super
great work.

When we as a user Group have a ideas of improvement, please always know that we really
appreciate your great work.

Once again, you do a super great Job for us!

Best Regards

Andreas

very gut, Andreas!

Tach Andreas,
agree with you totally. P123 is a great service as it is.
Maybe it will even get better. Looking forward to see the new roll-out.
Werner

Marco,

Thank you for the explanation. I look forward to continued platform improvements.

Scott

Hey,

With the US stock market at very high valuations (in my opinion, at least), it would be great if we could look for international opportunities.

I realize that you may have other priorities for the site but in case your mind changes, count me amongst the users who would be willing to pay a little extra for international stocks data.

Best,
Anlam

I agree, international capabilities are crucial… I’m looking into pricing from capital IQ as well