Massive short squeeze in GME, does short interest still work?

Ah yeah, I had just removed a factor and forgot reset the weights before the screen shot.

Also, if you’ve enjoyed the microcap boom the last few months (as I have), might want to buckle in. Wouldn’t be surprising if a lot of people to start pulling money out of the microcap euphoria and to start piling into the next big fad now. Doesn’t matter to me, as I’m in it for the long haul.

I like Fight Club. Thanks. I added a float turnover node to my version; LoopSum(“Vol(CTR)”,5)/Float .

A different take on the GameStop phenom, one that strikes me as quite smart:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-01-27/gamestop-short-squeeze-is-rage-against-the-financial-machine?srnd=opinion

Bought some “garbage” just for fun. Up almost $2K in like 5 minutes.

The “strategy” : screen for high short % and pick the ones that are +ve today but have not run up too much

Disclaimer : I have no idea what to do next :slight_smile:

Up $5K. Hate those Kandi cars. hahaha

Closed every for +$6100. Wow. That was fun but I was margined.

All gains came from CVM which keeps going up :frowning:

I just bought a small position in NOK this morning, another Reddit interest, it’s up 60%…

That was 1 minute ago, now up 33%…

NLS looks to be the most valued pick in the Russell 3000 with a SI > 20% with good fundamentals and earning revisions.
Heads I win, tails I don’t loose much.
Grabbed me some this morning. up a modest 6%
I don’t feel dirty owning this one.

Ahh, that makes sense.

I’m paper trading this like a drunk Jesse Livermore.

NLS has a good ratio 6M short 30M outstanding. Picked up some, thanks. NOK not bad around 10% short. Related one is good old BlackBerry BB but less than 6% . I think BB shot up bc there are some legitimate hodlers for some reason.

It’s all nuts, but makes a lot of sense. Just imagine being short some of these names.

Well this puts the final nail in my real shorting ventures. Never again. It’s so hard to stay the course. I even lost with that fraud, headless NKLA.

I like this way of “shorting” much better.

Michael Burry has made 1,500% return on $GME. And I don’t he bought his first position in June or July, so not bad return for 6 months. Imagine when Hollywood makes a movie about the 2nd best trade you’ve ever made.

This guy made his own index of 25 stocks that use a lot of the same factors you can find here, but also combined with options data and social media scraping/analytics to see which ones are the most “meme’d”

https://twitter.com/goodalexander/status/1353959138972246016

$AMC $NNDM $SOLO $IDEX $SUNW $MARA $RIOT $FUBO $X $CBAT $RMO $BLNK $GNOG $PLL $FCEL $KNDI $SBE $AUPH $LAZR $TLRY $FSR $WKHS $FUV $MP $PEIX

marco, where do did you get NOK ~ 10% short?
I do see 50MM short positions

NOK at +50% in one day is too rich for me. Sold my big winner CVM at +100% , it’s now 45%, so got to be careful. Might reload at the end of the day . These things pop in the AM forced by margin calls.

I was buying the ones < 20% gain with straight intraday trends. And adding to the ones that work. The trend is your friend.

I reloaded after my first batch with new ones. I regretted selling KNDI so I bought it back. Short sellers that sold at the $14 high will probably exit soon. Too dangerous!

Very little risk with this positions IMHO if they are not already up huge.

My reload : INO (doubled up), IVC (doubled up), NLS, KNDI (doubled up). Up 1K so far

Are margin calls triggered by intraday highs or the closing price?

pure unadulterated gambling
today’s move (5/27/2021)
AMC +301%
IRBT +27%
FIZZ +40%
GME +135%

Be carefull here, going lon high short interest only works in very distinct market environments…, might be over in a couple of weeks…

What really strikes me, that professionals shorting stocks to a point of no return, e.g. they simply are trapped and can not get out of the position…

Also what strikes me is, that those hedge funds hold their shorts through all environments not paying attention which factors, industries
get influenced by rate of change gdp, inflation, fed policiy, defecit spending…

The question is: when to buy puts on these stocks?