PLEASE REMOVE THE CONSTRAINTS ON TECHNICAL INDICATORS!

Marco,

I concur on the #WEEKLY or #MONTHLY settings!

First off, though, I want to express an enormous [size=3]THANK YOU[/size] for expanding the parameters of technical factors to my recommendation of 600 days!

600-days is the same limit allowed by StockCharts.com and other leading technical sites and removes the limitations on those of us wanting to use investment-purposes settings.

Now we can implement rules-based technical indicators, along with key fundamental indicators, and have a super-turbo-charged system! I have been hoping for this expanded capability for years, and now here it is! Thank you!

[size=3]WEEKLY and MONTHLY[/size]

If it is relatively easy to add a configuration for weekly stock/ETF/benchmark prices that would be fantastic. When I use technical indicators I use the weekly charts and settings because weekly price charts avoid the unnecessary NOISE that occurs as the market tests different extremes throughout the week.

Portfolio123 already has all of the weekly prices on every traded asset – ever since the site’s inception! That’s because the Weekly Price is the price of the close each Friday. Similarly, monthly prices (which I probably won’t use, but others might) is the closing price on the last day of the month. Since Portfolio123 has these prices already in their database, is it possible to add a parameter that will allow us to instead use Weekly (or Monthly) Price settings?

Many thanks!

Chris

OMG! THANK YOU, if I knew it was that easy to lift the constraints I would have asked for this feature years ago. I am already scanning way more efficiently rather than wading through hundreds of stocks that do not fit my technical criteria. When it comes to technical data, weekly and monthly scans are critical to quality results imo.

Agree 100% Ernest! It is fantastic that Marco followed through and made this much-needed change. It would be another quantum leap forward for many of us if the weekly (and maybe monthly) assessments (as opposed to the existing daily) were also made available, which Marco mentioned earlier in this thread is possible. I have long advised clients to disregard noisy daily technicals in favor of weekly and monthly signals.

But, at this point, I am trying to get maximum utility from the expanded daily capabilities before beginning to lobby for weekly settings.

Chris

Agreed, a #WEEKLY or #MONTHLY setting would be nice but the indicators are easily reconfigured with the extended use of daily data pretty close as verified through stockcharts.com. I must say finding stocks in a break out pattern has been so much easier. Its just so much more exciting culling through charts recently. Hopefully the results are more exciting too! :sunglasses: