Problem with refreshing trade recommendations

I deleted trade recommendations and refreshed twice. After doing so, LUMN turns from a buy (buy/sell difference) into a sell. And sell quantity doesn’t make sense. I would be left with about 1% holding of LUMN.

There are two problems with the above. First, the LUMN top-up should take priority over the VWM purchase. Second is that the sell of LUMN, if it were to occur, should have been for 3357 shares, not 2479.

This is a private port. (No trades were done when the dust settled.)
https://www.portfolio123.com/holdings.jsp?portid=1594116

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. We have the fix but it will be released after Monday so we don’t affect the weekend rebalance.

The change has been released. The rebalance code has been simplified to only consider rejections. Any recommendations which are not rejected may change or disappear after a refresh depending on diversification rules and formula weight position sizing. The interface has been adjusted to match this semantic change.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for updating the algorithm but it is still not working quite right.

Here is an example of a manual rebalance/trade refresh using the following portfolio https://www.portfolio123.com/port_summary.jsp?portid=1594794:

The initial recommendations are to sell JKHY and buy ADBE. I reject ADBE and do a refresh. The JKHY sell trade disappears when I would expect it to be retained, and I would expect a buy recommendation for the next lowest-ranked stock, even if it is lower than JKHY.

When I want to sell a stock, I really mean it. I don’t want the S/W to override my intentions.

Hi Steve, JKHY is the next best stock after ADBE . Since you have “Allow Immediate Buyback” set to TRUE it’s buying it back, offsetting the sell. It’s the correct behavior.

Currently, you can’t reject the buy side of a sell+buy. If you want to sell, you can do a manual sell and reject the buy in a subsequent rebalance. It is not a feature of rebalance at this time.
Alternatively, if you never want to buy back stocks not ranked among the top 10, you can add a buy rule like RankPos < 11 | LastSellDaysLT(1) to skip them.

Thanks for looking at this guys. Disabling immediate buyback is not an option due to the overall design of the portfolio. I don’t agree that removing the sell signal is the correct operation because this is a manual rebalance and there should be no automatically decided operations. In any case, there are workarounds so I will continue with those.