What happened to Shiller CAPE #SPPE10

Marco has updated the three Shiller ratios (Earning, Dividend, and PE10) available in the MultiChart area so that the data goes through to recent months. We pulled the data from Shiller’s site. It will be available for simulations tomorrow. Warning: this is not point-in-time data. Shiller revises it from time to time.

Thank you so much. CAPE is a monthly series based on monthly average of S&P 500, Earnings and inflation rate. I calculate it myself using a blend of EarningsTTM and S&P 500 Earnings and Estimate Report - S&P Dow Jones Indices.

Thank you, Marco. This will be very helpful, Marc’s entrenched opinions notwithstanding.

We don’t really need to automate updating this , or many others like it, on P123 (which takes a lot of time to maintain and possibly needs expensive licenses).

We will soon allow users to import their own time series with a new feature called ‘User Factors’. One way to import data will be using spread sheets which is time consuming and error prone. Will also support more automated ways, for example using http requests with your own API_KEY. For example Shiller PE10 is available on quandl using this request:

https://www.quandl.com/data/MULTPL/SHILLER_PE_RATIO_MONTH&api_key=YOUR_API_KEY

With our new User Factors , all you would need to do is create one, give it a name, and set it to automatically load the data on a predefined schedule using the above address (to get your own private API_KEY all you need to do is signup on quandl).

This should work for all providers that use htpp + API keys. Licensing is also not an issue since the user licenses directly with provider.

Thanks.

Thank you Marco, this will be a great addition to P123. Looking forward to this being implemented.

Amazing news! Thanks Marco.
You have probably thought of it: it would be great to specify the series time unit for the “bars” parameter used in all functions.
Just as an example (maybe not smart), I was thinking of importing 3 series of the Baltic Dry Index in daily, weekly and monthly bars. Hope this will be possible