• Fundamental analysis.
• Data science; Analyzing data.
• Software Engineering.
• Market History.
Disclaimer: Registration as a financial advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training.
I believe that optimal investment system design combines a wide range of skills including:
• Accounting (understanding financial statements).
• Programming skills.
• An interest in running a wide range of tests.
• Statistics + experience to know what tests to run and how to interpret the results.
• A knowledge of market history to understand what could happen in market conditions that have not come up in the backtest.
Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)