3 year gross profit to EV

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the 3 year figures of "gross profit (TTM) to enterprise value". Maybe someone has an idea on the best way to do this.

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you mean the three year average of gross profit to ev, I think you can use:
GrossProfit3YAvg/ev

Thank you for your help. What I actually wanted to do is something like this: LoopMedian(“GrossProfit(CTR,TTM) / EV(CTR*(#year/4))”,12)

But this kind of approach doesn't work for EV, because you can't use an offset for this factor.

I haven't double checked it or anything but would something along these lines work? Worth testing anyways...

FHistAvg("GrossProfitTTM/ev", 39 , 4)

2 Likes

Thank you very much, that's really helpful. I was not aware of the FHist function at all. Is there a particular reason why you would recommend using FHistAvg(“GrossProfitTTM/ev”, 39 , 4) rather than for example FHistAvg(“GrossProfitTTM/ev”, 156, 1)?

Not really. Just the number of samples you want. 39 samples every 4 weeks should take you to 3 years. But you can do it every 13 weeks and sample 12 times for the same number if you like.

1 Like

Looks like EV doesn't have the option to offset currently. But EV2Sales does. So something like: (EV2Sales(CTR,TTM) * Sales(CTR,TTM)) should equal EV(CTR, TTM)

1 Like