Add 'your own' company to a ranking

Greetings all,

I’m was wondering whether it is possible to add you own company data to the factset data of portfolio123.

The reason I would like to do this is that I sometimes come across privately owned companies financials and I thought it would be interesting to see how they rank against the public companies through (one of my own) ranking systems

Is this something that can be done?

Best,

Victor

No, I’m afraid we don’t have a way to add a nonexistent company to our data.

There’s a workaround, though. Take an extant company that you have no interest in and input new data for it using imported stock factors. This would not overwrite extant factors, but add new ones. Then you’d have to rejigger your ranking system to include your imported stock factors. For example, if you import a stock factor called $$NetInc, you’d have to change your ranking system to look at IsNA($$NetInc,NetIncBXorTTM).

Thank you. I have another question / suggestion.

I’ve recently come across this website: https://www.venturecapinsights.com/. Basically it has data on thousands of start-ups and venture capital funds in South East Asia, directly sourced from government documentations.

Apparently, in Singapore and neighbouring countries venture capital funds are obliged to report valuations at each round, historical IRR’s and much more. They also have broad data on the financials of the underlying startup companies.

I think it would be really interesting if it was possible to source their data through the P123 platform to see what factors drive returns in VC. I think the only thing that would be needed is to be able to
(1) add your own companies
(2) do this by uploading for example a CSV file.

Best,

Victor