Earnings Guidance

When a company releases earnings guidance during an earnings teleconference, is this information captured in any P123 parameters?

I am not looking for the forecast numbers from analysts. I am only looking for forecast information that is provided by the company itself.

That advice is not captured by P123’s data anywhere. Only the analyst estimates come even close.

This is a very interesting question. I see this is an old Q/A. Has the answer changed since then?
The way I currently deal with this is with BenzingaPro alerts, but a P123 solution would be better.

Thanks
Tony

No, we have no way of getting earnings guidance. But analyst estimates usually change pretty quickly when a company revises its outlook, whether it’s in an earnings call or at another time. It’s what analysts are paid for.

S&P Global Analysis of Earnings Guidance Here’s a 2016 analysis that explored the potential value of earnings guidance announcements “not issued concurrent with earnings releases”. A similar analysis done today might show the same, better, or worse information value.

Yuval, which analyst related factor or formula is most likely to be updated the quickest after a bad earnings report?
What if there is just some bad news, like a lawsuit (aka Franklin)? Would that same factor typically be updated just as quickly?

A while back my RS had picked some company, which later had a terrible earnings, and terrible revisions, but my model refused to drop its rank, even though the price tanked for weeks.
That’s when I lost all confidence in what I thought was a decent RS.

Thanks
Tony

I honestly don’t know. It’s worth doing some research on such a question. Choose a few stocks with bad earnings reports and bad news and look at whether and how fast analysts change their various estimates and recommendations.