European data now available on beta site

I altso did test it against a lot of different universes, but still getting different results.

But here is my last test with "‘United States Primary’ in Beta, then use the ‘United States’ "

Beta site: 3,812.47% 33.89% -34.12% 1.81 2.71 16.73% 0.76 0.57 0.85 21.86%
Normal site: 816.11% 19.28% -38.45% 1.10 1.52 16.88% 0.91 0.83 1.03 6.26%

Can you please post the URLs of your screens?

Main site:https://www.portfolio123.com/app/screen/summary/263636

Beta site: https://beta.portfolio123.com/app/screen/summary/263636

I’m very happy about the beta site so far, it’s easy to make a universe of the markets I need, and everything just works.

The only issue I’ve had so far is: Stolt-Nielsen Ltd. (SNI:NOR) has a forward dividend yield of 43,5 %, while most other sources say it should be roughly 4,5 %. I can’t find any information about a special dividend, so I wonder if something is wrong. Perhaps the issue is that the company is domiciled in Bermuda?

test_user, what happens when you rund identical screen backtests one the beta site, and det main site? Do you get the same results?

I’ll take a look - waiting for the servers to load!

FactSet gives us two metrics IAD (Indicated Annual Dividend) and the actual Yield for current data. They should be equivalent but using IAD gives 43% yield. Definitely seems fx related . 1 USD= 0.1 NOK. We think we are doing everything right. Might be a FactSet issue. Still investigating

Thanks

NOTE: historically FactSet only gives us Yield together with the filings. It’s not great since companies usually announce changes in the middle of a period, but it’s all we got.

After testing a bit I see some very small differences, but nothing big or surprising. I’ll test a bit more and report if I see anything strange.

Thanks - This is the only company where I’ve found an issue, everything else seems fine so far.

These two screens look completely different to me. All the rules are different. The universe is different. The ranking system is different.

Yes, sorry Yuval, I was in the screen yesterday making some changes, to do some further testing

But, it may look like you are right anyway. There must be some disparity in the universes that I am unable to pick up in the two tests. I have tested it on R 1000, 2000,3000 and S&P 600, 400, 1500. Then I find only minor differences.

Hi Yuval,

Congratulations to p123. This sounds like a big step forward.

Regarding the Beta site, I believe I am following your directions but I get a message saying “No Universe defined” when I try to run a Sim.

I see that message although I am choosing “Europe (incl Foreign Primary)” and choosing Euros as the currency and “MSCI Europe (IMEU NLD)” as the benchmark. I must be overlooking something obvious but can’t identify my error.

Also, what is the cleanest way to revert back to the old site from the beta site?

Thank you.

Hugh

Hugh -
European data is only available to FactSet-based customers. If you’d like to add an additional subscription to FactSet data, please send an e-mail to me at yuval@portfolio123.com.

The beta server seems to be down, can someone give it a little push?

My first tests on European stocks are promising. Thank you very much for this development!

Agreed. I’ve been a skeptic whether international markets would interest me, but the results so far have changed my mind. For a retail investor, this is a great way to fish in the waters others aren’t fishing in. Great work P123. I know this has been a long journey.

Will P123 data updates still keep the same schedule when P123 goes live with Europe (and Asia/Pacific) market stocks?

They seem to be down again, another push?

At the moment we’re planning to add another Sunday night update at 10 pm CST so that European users can rebalance their portfolios before market open. Details still have to be worked out . . .

Thank you, yuval.