Hyperbole for sure. But it is Reuters

So if it “threatens humanity” and will “surpass humans in most economically valuable tasks” it could affect the stock market, how we invest or the economy. A little bit at least: OpenAI researchers warned board of AI breakthrough ahead of CEO ouster, sources say

So, I was finishing up some CME credits after studying a “Retina and Vitreous” text. There was a test afterward to get the CME credits. ChatGPT passed the test and would have been awarded the CME credits. Without studying! Answers instant with well-written reasoning.

No doubt that I am a better ophthalmologist than ChatGPT. How could there be any question about that? But seriously, ChatGPT did good. And it programs Python better than I can.

If ChatGPT gets better is it really hyperbole?. It is one thing to read about it. Another to take the test side-by-side and see it get answers that you missed (and generally do well). There will be an impact, I think. It won’t look like people predict perhaps but OMG!

Jim

Look beyond just OpenAI and you’ll find a company firing on all cylinders, ready to capture the generative AI moment

Just last week, the company revealed that it is operating the third most powerful supercomputer in the world (bar some secret Chinese systems). The Eagle system burst onto the Top500 ranking as the fastest supercomputer ever operated by a private corporation.

When reputable sources like Reuters report on AI advancements, it's worth paying attention. While the idea of AI surpassing humans in certain tasks might seem far-fetched, it's essential to consider the potential implications, especially in areas like the stock market and the economy.

If you're interested in exploring more about AI and its impacts, QuantumAI.co offers valuable insights, including explanations of concepts like the three-level quantum system. Understanding these technologies can help us navigate the evolving landscape of AI and make informed decisions about its integration into various aspects of society.

1 Like

So Claude 3 is better in some ways than ChatGPT i think. If you are going to use it to help you write the writing seems more natural and Claude 3 is better at keeping your style. Conversations in general feel more natural without a bullet list every time.

It has longer "context" than anyting else (200k). So it will remember the beginning of a long document as it reads the end of the document. Coders like this but my code is not that long. Seems to code well but I am not a great judge of that.

Anthropic or Claude 3 Also does well on a lot of benchmark tests including IQ tests as James pointed out here (I became more aware of Claude 3 thru his post): AI-linked companies are now >10% of global market cap - #26 by ustonapc

1 Like

Are you a bot, by any chance? One that, perhaps, works for QuantumAI?

2 Likes

Also, no one would use a quantum computer that is actually limited while being wildly expensive to execute trades. They even claim to go beyond using Qbits. Maybe somewhere, but not for retail trading in this decade.

Scam--with or without (non-quantum) bots—for sure.

BTW, Claude 3 mentioned above can get slow. I uploaded 3 SSRN PDFs on one topic. It basically rereads watch paper as well as re-reading what has been discussed already in the conversation. While getting progressively slower as the conversation continues it does not repeat or forget what was previously uploaded or discussed.. This is part of the good or bad that comes with the "200k context."

Also, I may never actually read a paper that can be downloaded as a PDF ever again. Rather consider downloading multiple papers on the subject and ask questions related to what I am doing at P123. If it seems really useful, maybe read one of the papers most pertinent.

1 Like

Now you may need to ask you doctor whether it is her diagnosis or a bot's.

This made it into the journal "Radiology Case Reports." I hope this is on topic and humorous while perhaps causing a bit of anxiety about the state of medicine. There are articles in every JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) issue about AI. For sure you need to edit anything you have ChatGPT write for you:

No word on what happened to the people who wrote this (I asked). Link: Successful management of an Iatrogenic portal vein and hepatic artery injury in a 4-month-old female patient: A case report and literature review The last paragraph before the conclusion.

2 Likes