Live strategies - above my I/Q

All,

My I/Q is getting in my way, because Portfolio123 is not behaving in my recently launched live strategy as I thought it would. On Monday, 2023 Mar 27, I decided to launch @hemmerling 's Small and Microcap Focus strategy as described here: What now? 12345 - #15 by hemmerling . I then would continue to study that system as well as the 2 systems that @yuvaltaylor also provided in that thread. I chose to make the live system “Recommend” and then rebalance weekly. Here is how I thought that would work:

• some time during the weekend of 2023 Apr 01-02 I would receive an email from P123 indicating that it was time for a rebalance
  • I should log into P123 to see the recommended trades,
  • I would then manually enter those trades with my broker, Charles Schwab.

So when I had not received such an email, on Monday, 2023 Apr 03, I checked the live strategy and to my surprise the strategy had 20 stocks it had already “purchased” on Monday, Mar 27, when I started the strategy! It then indicated that the rebalance for the strategy would take place today, Tuesday, 2023 Apr 04. Not having received a notice from P123 about the rebalance earlier today, I checked around 11 AM CDT, and then was shown what trades should take place.

So my question is how does the live strategy really work? The tutorial “Launching a Live Strategy” was no help.

One thing to check is your email preferences in Account Settings, Preferences. You find this menu in the upper right (your icon but in my instance, my face). Ensure you are set to receive all rebalancing emails. I have all mine turned off. Not sure if that’s the full solution, but something to check.

Your initial holdings should have been in the queue to simulate buying from the day you copied the sim as a live portfolio.

Hi Cary,

By default, the initial investment happens upon creation of the strategy. If you’d rather start it on a Monday, it is recommended that you create the strategy on a Monday.

Rebalance notices are sent on Monday, and rebalances performed on Monday will result in trades executed on Monday. Note the Price for Transactions option on the General tab.