Live Strategy transaction prices

While checking the transaction log of a long running port, I noticed that some sell transactions were missing the asterisk. I understood the asterisk indicates that transaction day high, low and close were used to calculate the price (+/- slippage)

So what does the missing asterisk annotation mean? How was price calculated? See CTG.

Also, the log’s note seems wrong. It’s it really “next day prices”?

For me the asterisk is absent when the price was not changed by P123. In my case, the lack of change has meant the price is already accurate and does not need to be changed. There may be other reasons, obviously.

Thought that would be the case, but the price reported appears to be from the calculation (H+L+C*2)/4.

Walter,

I may be missing your question but if you are thinking it should be high, low and and rather than (H+L+C*2)/4 I think the former is no longer an option for ports.

These are the options I get for my port:

Jim

No, I was expecting (H+L+C*2)/4, but when it’s annotated with an asterisk. Without the annotation, the price should be something else. I also considered if those events occurred on Monday holidays. No, not that.

Could be. I would have thought different. For me (I use the open) I expect it always to be the opening price. Either changed to the opening price with an asterisk indicating the change or by chance the price already reflected the opening price and no change was made. Still the opening price but with no asterisk in that case.

I have not actually been using this long and I am probably wrong or missing something. I will let P123 clear it up the misconceptions I have (probably several).

BTW, there have been small errors that I have corrected and/or not worried about. But I did not assume they were P123 errors as I am not sure “buy at the market open” is always exact for Fidelity. So clearly things could be going on that I am not aware of (with P123 or Fidelity).

Jim

Prior to the beginning of this year, transactions would only be updated by this process when percent error of the previous close exceeded 0.1% from the computed price. Since then, transactions have been updated whenever the previous close and the computed price are at least 0.0001 currency apart. In both cases, the asterisk is only added to the note when a transaction is updated, not appearing on transactions within the tolerance.

Also be aware that, in an effort to improve transaction update behavior around holidays, there was an additional constraint put in place from September 2022 through December 2022 to limit this process to transactions originating from automatic rebalance since, at the time, the transaction update feature was for strategies set to automatic rebalance. This constraint was eliminated when the ‘Price for Transactions’ feature was rolled out to all live strategies.

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you, Aaron.

Oh, and what about the note? It doesn’t seem correct to me.

We’ll fix the wording. Thank you.

1 Like