NOOTC buy rule not working

After setting up a new port and doing a rebalance my port buys YLWDF which is an OTC stock at P123 and Yahoo. My port uses a NOOTC buy rule.

I copied a test port “No OTC test port” here - https://www.portfolio123.com/port_summary.jsp?portid=1488933 (private). If you Rebalance and Get Recommendations it will return YLWDF. See attached.

I retested my sim that the port is based on and found NOOTC did not work in the sim either.

I did a work around using a wizard rule “Is not Over-the-counter (OTC) - True” and YLWDF was not recommended. Looks like the NOOTC rule is not working.

Glenn Fagerlin

Glenn,

I know (and can see) you have been at P123 a very long time… so my apologies if what I am going to say is wrong: NOOTC is a Universe ID, which means it needs to be used with the Universe keyword - i.e. Universe (NOOTC). I ran a quick test and Yellow Pages is not shown.

IMO, if NOOTC is used without the Universe keyword, it really should throw an error. Instead it passes the rule test, but has no effect upon the stocks that pass.

Hope this helps
Simon

Simon,

You are right. Using a buy rule of - Universe(NOOTC) - works. Thanks for the help.

Funny that it does not throw an error. It has been a while since I needed to filter out OTC stocks.

Glenn