Stock Universe, exclude Merkur Market?

Is it possible to exclude the Norwegian Merkur Market stocks from a universe. It’s an unregulated market.

Oslo Børs was acquired by Euronext in 2020, Merkur Markets is now called Euronext growth. (There’s also Euronext growth markets in other European cities). I don’t know how to filter these companies from a P123 universe.

I’m sure there is, but I want to exclude them in my trading.

OTC stocks are not included in Portfolio123’s European coverage. Are there specific stocks you’re seeing that you’d like to exclude?

I would guess Merkur or now called Euronext Growth is equivalent to us as OTC in US (MTF in Europe) in a way. But using !IsOTC as a universe filter does not exclude these stocks.

Which stocks are you seeing?

I found 85 out of 109 listed Norwegian Euronext Growth stocks in P123. Majority trade with very low volume though.

AASB
ABS
ADS
AFISH
AKOBO
ALT
ANDF
ARGEO
AURA
AYFIE
BALT
BARRA
BCS
BFISH
BWIDL
CAMBI
CAPSL
CIRCA
CLCO
CODE
CSAM
CYVIZ
DDRIL
DSRT
DVD
ECIT
EFUEL
ELIMP
GEM
GEOS
GIGA
GRONG
HAV
HDLY
HKY
HRGI
HUDL
HYN
IFISH
INIFY
ININ
INSTA
IWS
KRAB
KYOTO
LEA
LIFE
LUMI
LYTIX
MAS
MNTR
MPCES
MVW
NBX
NOAP
NOHAL
NORAM
NORDH
NSOL
NTEL
NTI
NUMND
OCEAN
OSUN
PROXI
PRYME
PYRUM
QFUEL
RCR
RIVER
ROMER
ROMSB
SB68
SKAND
SMOP
SOFTX
STATT
STSU
SUNSB
TECO
TYSB
VGM
WEST
XPLRA
ZWIPE

Since there are currently no identifying features by which we can filter such stocks, I’ve created custom list EuronextGrowth on your account with the 109 stocks in question. You can use !InList("EuronextGrowth") to exclude them.

We could easily add support for ISINs to the custom lists interface so ISINs could be imported to make this easier in the future. Would you like this functionality?

Also, there are 13 cross-listings in other countries that were not added to this list. They are listed below if you’d like to add them to the list.

BMK:GBR ENVI^18:BEL 4YYA:DEU 5IX:DEU ZEN:GBR E1P0:DEU 0Q7K^18:GBR 9F9:DEU 0Q2K:GBR PYR:DEU ENVI:NLD CLCO:USA ZWIPE:SWE

Let me know if you need anything else for this.

Thank you very much! That syntax only excludes the current stocks on that exchange right?

If there was a feature to filter out First North, First North Premier and Spotlight from the NasdaqOMX Nordic listed companies that would have been great.

To be able to create/import custom ISIN trading list would be a very handy functionality.

That’s correct. I only populated it with the current list from the “Oslo Euronext Growth” list on the Euronext website which doesn’t provide historical constituents. All I can suggest is that you add any additional tickers to that list if you find anything else you’d like to exclude.

We don’t currently offer any level of granularity beyond exchange of primary issue unfortunately. Your best bet will be to create custom lists from ISINs, once supported, where available.

1 Like