Yield - i need help

Please help with the Yield factor. When I used the Yield factor in a screen I found values that
did not jibe with Yahoo, So I went to the documentation. What a waste of time. How are the Q TTM
“factors” used? I tried all kinds of permutations. The doc makes reference to Line items, so click on
the link and tell me what the Yield line item is.

Here’s just one yield error that I found. I can give you more.

SBLK Star Bulk Carriers Corp. 23.70

Yield is basically the indicated annual dividend divided by the price. For SBLK it’s $4.80 divided by $20.25, which yields 23.7%. It’s $4.80 because they paid a dividend of $1.65 per share last quarter, $1.65 the quarter before that, $2.00 the quarter before that, and $1.25 the quarter before that. It’s the same number that Fidelity gives, for what it’s worth.

Why would you think Yahoo would be right and Portfolio123 wrong? Yahoo’s data is often terrible.

But $1.65+$1.65+$2.00+$1.25=$6.55 and not $4.80.

IAD is defined as a forward looking number used to calculate yield. What does forward mean here?

I just ran a screen on SBLK and IAD=$4.80 and DivPS52W=$6.50. Total dividend paid in 2022 is $6.50 (Fidelity and other sources).

Sorry about that. The the section that talks about different permutations , Q, TTM, etc, does not apply to this factor and was added by mistake.

IAD comes from other place sometimes . In this case from their press release Press Releases | StarBulk Carriers Corp.

STAR BULK CARRIERS CORP. REPORTS NET PROFIT OF $109.7 MILLION FOR THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2022 AND DECLARES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $1.20 PER SHARE

So the IAD of $4.80 is just $1.20 (the last quarterly dividend) * 4?

In this case it has nothing to do with the past, only what the company says going forward

Ok, so on 11/16/22 (declaration date), SBLK announced that the 11/29/22 (ex-date) dividend would be $1.20. It seems that IAD is just extrapolating that $1.20 (last announced dividend) over the next 4 quarters. No? If not, where does IAD=$4.80 come from?

OK, I see now. Thank you for updating the documentation, Yuval. I always use the “current” yield.
Is there a way to get Annualized Dividend (TTM) ?

I answered my own question. I can see where you don’t want to update “current” yield every day.
DivPS(0,TTM) gets me what I want i.e. current yield.