Update to Portfolio123 Site Design Coming Soon

Hi. If I am clicking on a simulation portfolio then the live portfolio section should collapse fully. Otherwise I need to scroll down each time I want to access another simulation portfolio. Generally it would be great if the menu bar on the left remembered where I was, so I don’t need to scroll at all when I select the subsequent portfolio in the respective folder.

Another suggestion. Could you make it possible to select multiple ports and allow for “rebalancing all” instead of needing to manually go through each port and rebalance each one individually.

When backtesting a ranking system, long universe names get truncated.

I have a few universes with similar names and this is a real issue for me.

A couple of bugs when showing a stock universe:

When clicking on the gear icon, then the trash can icon, nothing happens.
Attempting to switch the browser to a different page brings up the popup: “Do you want to leave this site? Changes that you made may not be saved.”, even when there were no changes at all.

Actually lots, but under the covers. We’re transitioning to newer web technologies for easier future development.

We took the opportunity to reorganize & clean the whole experience which should make more sense to newbies. The new search bar in the menu area is also very powerful.

Another bug:

Under ‘Ranking systems’, on the ‘ranks’ tab, there is no way to see more than the first few columns.

Staff:
Please confirm that you are making a note of these bugs. Am I wasting my time?

In Ranks there’s an Output section with a choice for the columns. Is it visible? Should work with “Include Composite & Factor Ranks”.
Thanks

Marco, this bug is a tricky one. Sometimes it works–sometimes it does not work.

Here is an example of when it does not.

Notice that there is no horizontal scrollbar and that the ‘<’ and ‘>’ buttons to page left and right disappeared off the screen.

Interestingly, when I click on a word and drag the mouse to the right to highlight words, the page moves and suddenly those buttons become visible.

BTW, I am using the Chrome browser on Windows 7 64bit.

We’ll be releasing the new version today or tomorrow. Thanks for all your feedback.

dnevin123

You said “when I open a portfolio the Portfolio Navigation Bar goes away completely”. You should now be able to expand the sidebar when viewing a portfolio/sim and it will remember to keep it open.

yuvaltaylor

You should still be able to see the disabled (gray) save in the gear menu. also there is a disk save icon on the top right that should get darker when saving is enabled.

whotookmynickname

we’ve changed the sidebar categories to only expand to the current folder. Still working on auto scrolling to the current open item.

Chipper6

We’ve fixed the universe name truncation.

Are you still seeing the issue with the delete universe button and asking to save changes? I can’t reproduce this.

About the ranks result page - there’s a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the table. You have to scroll down to see it and then scroll right. Or you can click the icon next to the download button to view full results. we’ll try and improve this.

I preferred the Live and simulated portfolios separately in the Menu as I generally go to either one or the other, saves me a few clicks and they are different things so also more intuitive.
thanks

Ted,

Thanks for fixing the universe name.

The delete universe button is still broken; see screenshot.

The “save changes” issue only comes up after saving an existing universe.

I’m not sure what you changed with the rank page, but it works better now, especially after widening the layout, because then the horizontal bar shows up at the bottom of the page without scrolling down. This is good. I would consider making the wide view the default because in the narrow view you still need to scroll down to the bottom to reach the horizontal scroll bar.

Ted - will you confirm when the new site is live please?

I will need to shift to the alternate version of my script (for example, some table names have changed in the web pages)

Many thanks

Jerome

Can we do this major change after Monday’s rebalance?

Thanks a lot.

Hengfu

It will be Monday afternoon or later. Thanks

When running a ranking system backtest, the ‘Run’ button is off the screen when a monitor is rotated to portrait position and the list of ranking systems is open on the left side.

Can you keep the old site up for a week or two after making the switch? Just provide us with a link in this thread would be fine. I still haven’t had time to change my script. Been too busy taking care of a baby, and I was a little late to the party finding out that the site was going to change layouts :slight_smile: I should have time this week to workout all the kinks.

Thanks
Tony

The updated design is now live. As always, posting issues and/or suggestions here is appreciated.

thanks
ted

Barn & jmh - the old site will live at https://beta.portfolio123.com for a few days for scripting users.

Chipper6 - thanks for all the input. We’ve tried to address your issues. I still can’t reproduce the issue with the universe delete button though. You’re using chrome right?

For the new site, can you put a link to Simulations on ‘Models’ please. I spend most of my time doing what-ifs on sims and now have to click more times to get to them. thanks.

I’m unable to delete transactions. In the new system, when you go to the transaction edit screen, pick a sell transaction to delete and click update, it doesnt delete the transaction.

edit: it also doesnt save updates you make to price/share, etc. in the transactions.

Where can I find the Fundamental charts?

Walter

transaction update isn’t working. If quick fix isn’t possible, then please rollback.

gs3