COMING NEXT WEEK: a new Portfolio123 !

Is it possible to make charts axes data more informative?

P.S. Right decision to make default chart without benchmark and family.

396428_12121.png

Hello, it’s not possible to add/remove assets to Books anymore.
There is a visualisation issue…

zordan - This should be fixed now - did you refresh your browser cache? Which browser are you using?

Yes Ted. I am referring to the index stats on the main homepage.

Thank you.

Scott

Team,
I am happy to see most of my previous suggestions done. Thanks ! :wink:
For those, like me, that would like more direct links to some sub sections, you can simply create a bookmark in your browser. :wink:

Another suggestion : could you increase (more bold) the green color of “Trunover %” in the screen graph results (see image) ? In my computer those bars appear in light grey color when the legend displays they are in green. Thanks in advance. :wink:

By the way, in Firefox I can’t open the definition link in the right part of https://www.portfolio123.com/doc/doc_index.jsp

Pop-up log in dialog without leaving current page comeback?
Any dynamic page content (AJAX?) then sorting and tabbing (ex. portfolio list views: General, Performance, Statistics) introduction?

Hyperlinks to ports from Microsoft Word and Excel don’t work anymore. It worked perfectly with the old version.

geov - the error will be fixed after market close today - thanks for reporting

ted

As a simple user rather than developer (to date) my immediate reaction is one of relief that not too much in terms of the site has been changed and what has been changed in terms of simple navigation is probably an improvement. (I come from the dinosaur approach that so often, change is overrated and often not an improvement).

However, I would also add that the general look and feel is much ‘cleaner’ and fresher. The previous style did have the impression of working in a dusty old office on an IBM 370 mainframe. I think you’ll be surprised by how much this relatively small improvement will improve your site stats over time by encouraging visitors to stay.

It’s very difficult to scroll across now when looking at ranks. Is there a way you can lock the top AND left bar with the headers?

As it is now, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and then scroll across because I can’t see all my ranking factors. It would be great if there was a way that I could look at the factor comparison and still know what ticker I’m looking at.

Thanks

Justinian , thanks. Not sure the old P123 was that old looking… IBM 370 is from 1970: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_System/370

It was better than these too guys too from around 2000: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6125914/How-20-popular-websites-looked-when-they-launched.html

But we’re relieved the new P123 was welcomed. It’s more than just a facelift. There are about 300 tweaks and is more flexible for future products.

Barn, did you try the “expand” arrows ?

When rebalancing a live book the Update Summary Totals is gone. This was used when changing the number of shares to buy or sell.

The design looks cool. One thing I miss is the log in window instead of going to a new page.

I didn’t notice the expand arrow until you mentioned it and that does help, thank you. However it would still be nice to have a locked Header and Ticker column while scrolling … or at least the option to lock them.

Tony

aebouvin - the button should be showing up now. thanks for reporting

Barn - we’ll try to make the ranks page with wide results work a little better.

ted

Today I tried to convert a simulation into a live portfolio with past simulation as part of the portfolio, as it used to be possible in the old system. However, as it appears now, one can only either convert the sim to a R2G model or save it as a new live portfolio, in which case it starts from zero today without any past simulation included.
Does anybody know a way around this?

I don’t see a way either to “convert” a simulation to a live portfolio.
P123 please re-establish this function.

Perhaps the old P123 interface and functions should be available to members until all the teething problems have been sorted out.

Also the hyperlinks from excel to the portfolio pages are still not working, although tedb said “the error will be fixed after market close today” - “today” being March 24.

sevensisters , geov - the option to convert a sim to a port is back under the ‘Portfolio’ menu right above the convert to r2g option.

geov - are you linking to public models? which page are you linking to? only the portfolio summary page has access for a non logged in user. Seems like following a link from an office application doesn’t use the same session as the browser it sends the link to and doesn’t know you’re logged in and thus you get an access denied error which goes back to excel/word with the message that it can’t open the link. We’ll see if we can make it work again.

ted

“Feature requests” search seems not working. (Chrome)

Very funny Marco. :wink: I like the joined date.

Didn’t mean to demean the scale of the change for you guys either. I probably lack the insight to comprehend it.